Thursday, January 19, 2012

TOB passages

Theology of the Body passages:

Romans 12:9-10

1 Corinthians 6:10

1 Corinthians 6:13b-20

1 Corinthians 7

Romans 1:20-32

James 1:12-15

I will place my law within them, and write it upon their hearts;
I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
No longer will they have need to teach their friends and relatives
how to know the LORD.
All, from least to greatest, shall know me, says the LORD,
for I will forgive their evildoing and remember their sin no more (Jer 31:33-34).

...he spilled his semen on the ground whenever he went into [her], so that he would not give offspring.... What he did was displeasing in the sight of the Lord, and he put him to death also (Genesis 38:9-10). 

You are not your own; you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body (1 Cor 6:19-20 RSV). See above also. Redundant
He responded, "Well did Isaiah prophesy about you hypocrites, as it is written: This people honors me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me; in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines human precepts. You disregard God's commandment but cling to human tradition." He summoned the crowd again and said to them, "Hear me, all of you, and understand. Nothing that enters one from outside can defile that person; but the things that come out from within are what defile. "From within people, from their hearts, come evil thoughts, unchastity, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, licentiousness, envy, blasphemy, arrogance, folly. All these evils come from within and they defile." (Mark 7:21-23)

But the one who peers into the perfect law of freedom and perseveres, and is not a hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, such a one shall be blessed in what he does (James 1: 25).

No comments:

Post a Comment